Monday 5 January 2015

An Introduction of Sorts

Welcome to The Shelf of Unread Books! 

Firstly, thank you for choosing to visit my shiny new blog! Secondly, a short introduction of sorts is probably in order.

My name is Amy. I am a slightly-mad book nerd at the wrong end of my twenties and I live in a little village in the middle of England with my long-suffering husband, my pesky cat and a LOT of unread books.  

I've made a couple of (failed) attempts to blog before but I've previously avoided blogging about books, despite them being one of my major passions (alongside tea, cake and shooting things on my Xbox). I guess I always thought that there are so many book bloggers already out there, what could I possibly add into the mix? 

Recently however I concluded that blogs and vlogs are just another way of sharing the bookish love and I feel I can join in with that. I love books and I love talking about books - and as my long-suffering husband must get sick of hearing me ramble on about them, I might as well share my book-geekery here with some (hopefully) like-minded individuals. 

So this blog will (primarily) be about books. It will also be about my quest to conquer The Shelf of Unread Books - the shelf in my study so daunting that it requires capital letters. This is the shelf where my 'To Be Read' (TBR) pile lives. Recently the shelf became two shelves. Plus a few books on top of another shelf. Plus the pile of books under my bed. Basically, the unread books are breeding and I'm beginning to worry that, left to grow unfettered, they'll become like the letters in Terry Pratchett's 'Going Postal' and start talking to me in my dreams until I read them. 

So I'll be blogging about my efforts to conquer my TBR shelves, reviewing some of the books I read over the course of the year and updating on my book hauls and bookshop visits. I'm also thinking of maybe doing a readathon at some point this year and I'm also sure there will be some general book chat and book-geekery as well. If that sounds like something you'd like to read about, please follow my blog. 

A note on updates: Unfortunately I can't spend all day, every day reading books (although if anyone wants to pay me to do that, please get in touch!) so I do have a day job which I will have to blog around but I'm aiming to update at least fortnightly (making good use of my alternate Mondays off!) to keep in the groove.

x




No comments:

Post a Comment